Monday, November 15, 2010

And Now for Something Completely Different

Blogger tells me that I passed 300 posts somewhere back there, and it's only taken me the better part of five years to do it. I couldn't have stuck with it this long without my loyal readers, especially those daily comments from 独懸賞金ム and 分海賊なら. You guys are 男性の為が! !!

Apropos of nothing, here's a poem what I hath recently wrot:

Well, the Spaniard sported an unsightly 'stache
As he sweltered in the slum
And the thirst unspoken to the sickened and scared,
But the soap was salving, son.
Abandon the bum -- he slandered the scum!
In a county pub, Beelzebub
Was besmirching every s'more
He can't stand how it stung
As he crammed down a crumb
It tastes bland, but it's fun
When it lands on the tongue

The Nectarine No.9 featuring Jock Scot: Rocket No.9

4 Comments:

At 11/16/2010 4:05 PM , Blogger ROOKSBY said...

This is great! I don't suppose you have the rest of the session this track appeared on do you? Let me know... x

 
At 11/17/2010 1:12 PM , Blogger jonder said...

No, I wish I had more! This version of "Rocket No.9" was on the "Bentism" compilation. I bought a digital copy of the "Cucumber" album, and have been enjoying it. Thanks for the tip!

 
At 11/20/2010 7:44 AM , Blogger ROOKSBY said...

I've re-upped My Personal Culloden via Hotfile, as per your recommendation, so we'll see if the link is any more reliable (or not)... Shame about Megaupload, they've been great 'til recently (strange).

Aye, Cucumber ist sehr gut! The vinyl edition has pretty much sold out apparently...

 
At 11/26/2010 8:49 AM , Blogger jonder said...

Thank you for reposting Culloden! I got into the Leopards through the Bentism comp -- there's some wonderful Wilko-style guitar on that Leopards record.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home