Thursday, October 15, 2009

Mark E. Smith Mix N. Match

Match the lyric to the song title. Winners will get a new profile razor unit, made with the highest British attention to the wrong detail. Another new Fall album ("Our Future -- Your Clutter") is due in November.

  1. Notebooks out plagiarists!
  2. They couldn't tell Lou Reed from Doug Yule.
  3. I'm not saying they're really thick, but all the groups who've hit it big/ Make the Kane Gang look like an Einstein chip.
  4. He said he told the policeman what he really thought/ But knowing him, I don't believe that.
  5. His heart organ was where it should be/ His brain was in his arse.
  6. Had a look at the free festivals/ They're like cinemas with no films.
  7. All the English groups act like peasants with free milk enroute to the loot.
  8. I curse the self-copulation of your lousy record collection.
  9. To be a celebrity you've got to eat the past nowadays.
  10. There's a brand new club in town/ Plenty of space for posing around.
  11. Communists are just part-time workers.
  12. The palace of excess leads to the palace of access.
  13. And if I ever end up like Bono, slit my throat with a kitchen knife.
  14. I just left the Hotel Amnesia. I had to go there. Where it is, I don't remember.
  15. I got news for you my friend, to which you will have to attend/ Reduce your knees to noodles, your Doberman Pinschers to poodles.

(A) Lost in Music
(B) Just Step S'ways
(C) Two Steps Back
(D) Shoulder Pads #1
(E) Passable
(F) Mere Pseud Mag Ed.
(G) Room to Live
(H) The War against Intelligence
(I) The Classical
(J) C&C Mithering
(K) Gut of the Quantifier
(L) New Puritan
(M) Tommy Shooter
(N) Fantastic Life



8 Comments:

At 10/15/2009 3:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm hopeless at remembering where lyrics go...but you pulled out some good ones.

MES can be a funny guy...

 
At 10/20/2009 12:44 PM , Blogger jonder said...

Have a bleedin' guess! Forgot to include one of my favorites:
"People hate beauty/ I cannot fathom it."

 
At 11/01/2009 9:42 PM , Blogger Andrea said...

Ha, this is such a great idea. Even if I find it nearly impossible to figure out what MES is saying half the time... I'm sure it changes according to whim! I'm going to link to this post...
Andrea
Warped Reality

 
At 11/01/2009 11:32 PM , Blogger GRK. said...

Curse my memory!

1 - H
5 - F
7 - J
8 - L
11 - The Container Drivers, surely? It's not even on the list!
14 - I

 
At 11/02/2009 7:25 AM , Blogger jonder said...

Gack! Grk is right. There are 15 quotes and only 14 answers listed. I forgot to include "Container Drivers", perhaps my all-time favorite Fall song (especially the Peel version with the extra long drum roll).

 
At 11/02/2009 7:34 AM , Blogger jonder said...

Andrea, I wasn't able to post this comment on your site. Thanks for the kind words! It sounds like you haven't seen "The Fall Lyrics Parade", a collaborative effort of Fall fanatics who have been piecing together MES lyrics for the past 15 years! "New Face in Hell" and many others await you at http://fall.byethost13.com/lyrics.html -- though sometimes it's more fun to figure it out yourself, and I prefer a few of my misheard interpretations over the general consensus as to the "real" words.

 
At 11/08/2009 11:59 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

you kidding me? like rolling off a log

 
At 12/02/2009 9:25 AM , Blogger jonder said...

Bring it on, big time. You feelin' froggy?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home