Friday, November 28, 2008

In Dreams I Talk to You

I dreamed last night I was born a thousand years ago... Actually, I dreamed last night that I went to a great new record store. There were people dressed as giant beer bottles, and they were handing out cheese samples. A woman asked me if I knew anyone who could get her some "legal speed". I said no. Then she asked me if I knew anyone who knew anyone who could get her some legal speed.

Suddenly I was wrestled to the floor by a man who wanted to look at the records I was standing in front of. He wouldn't let me up until I sang "Boom Boom" by John Lee Hooker. Finally, I ran into my old friend Chris (who hasn't called me in months). "Have you found any good records?" I asked him. "If I had, I wouldn't still be here," he replied. Damn! Why would you talk to me like that in my own dream, Chris??? Anyway, that was some record store.

I set up a playlist on Blip.fm where you can listen to some of my favorite new songs of 2008. Unfortunately, it appears that you have to log in to Blip.fm to listen to playlists. You can do that fairly quickly. Set up a free account, become an online DJ, and add Underneathica to your favorites. (Everyone's a blogger, and most people are DJ's.) You can listen to my latest blips here without logging in.

2 Comments:

At 11/28/2008 1:58 PM , Blogger NĂ˜ said...

I wish that I was born a thousand years ago
I wish that I'd sail the darkened seas
On a great big clipper ship
Going from this land here to that
In a sailor's suit & cap
Away from the big city
Where a man can not be free
Of all the evils of this town
& of himself & those around
Oh, & I guess that I just don't know
Oh, & I guess that I just don't know.

 
At 12/02/2008 9:36 AM , Blogger jonder said...

I can dig it. Stranger still: last night I dreamed that I met Von LMO. He told me that he had been part of the group Black Humor (bizarre SF collective from the early 80's).

I was looking at Byron Coley and Thurston Moore's book about No Wave recently, so that's what made me think of Von LMO. But I have no idea how my sleeping brain connected him to Black Humor. Good lord, they even have a myspace page:

http://www.myspace.com/blackhumor1982

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home