Thursday, January 10, 2008

bye bye blogs

Blogs come and go, like streetcars. Here are a few faves that didn't make it to the end of 2007:

Something I Learned Today (Eric has been "resting comfortably" since August.) Silence Is a Rhythm Too (also inactive since August.) Detailed Twang (Jay Hinman's post-Agony Shorthand music blog has died, but his beer blog survives, and now he's started a film blog!)

And here are a few that I've recently discovered. Nathan Nothin' is a vinyl hound who seems to know a little somethin' about musical genres ranging from jazz to surf to punk and no wave. Nothin' Sez Somethin' shares the fruit of his knowledge, and his enviable record collection.

The Lost Turntable bills itself as "the imported out of print 12" extended remix b-side of MP3 blogs". Tracks range from Bowie to Britpop and hip hop. Burning Dervish posts mixes and reviews of dub and reggae, as well as rock, jazz and hip hop.

Dave Allen, bassist for the Gang of Four and Shriekback, blogs about music and entertainment media at Pampelmoose. He shares an insider's view of the music industry, plus some great mp3's, and he updates frequently. And mashup artist PartyBen blogs about music, movies and TV at The Riff, on the Mother Jones website.

4 Comments:

At 1/16/2008 12:27 PM , Blogger  said...

Greetings, Jonderneathica

I've been stopping by your blog since I noticed your comment on the Fugs posting. Thanks for taking the time to leave some feedback. It is gratifying to hear from at least a few folks lurking around out here. I always try to check out their blogs.

Today I was checking out yours & I noticed your kind mention. I'm a multi-genred guy, so you'll be seeing many more styles broached in the future.

I am putting a link to your blog on mine & just wanted to say a hearty THANKS!!!

 
At 1/16/2008 3:28 PM , Blogger jonder said...

Nathan, you are welcome. I greatly enjoyed your recent series on No Wave.

 
At 1/17/2008 10:10 AM , Blogger Lawrence Peryer said...

Thanks so much for mentioning my site. Much, much obliged.

 
At 1/17/2008 11:14 AM , Blogger jonder said...

You too are quite welcome, sir. I think I found your site through dub.com. Great stuff!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home