Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Never Invite a Vampire into Your Home

The Onion's AV Club recently posted a worthy list of songs about vampires. I thought of this one, simply entitled Vampire, which was written and performed by Bap Kennedy, an Irishman and a friend of Steve Earle. "If you don't have peace of mind, you don't have anything," Mr. Kennedy opines. Not sure what that has to do with vampires, but it's good advice all the same.

One of my favorite music blogs at any time of year is Armagideon Time. Andrew kicks his blog into high gear during the month of October, posting stories and songs and comics every day as he counts down to the coming of Halloween. Stop by and say boo!

A friend of mine (and a formative influence on my cinematic tastes) has a film blog called Beyond the Ranges. I strongly recommend that you read the weekly meditations on obscure cinema written by the knowledgeable (yet mysterious!) Herr Grigorss.

3 Comments:

At 10/30/2007 11:45 PM , Blogger grigorss said...

Thanks for the free plug, Jonderneathica -- by the way, the film I globbed about this week, The Signal, was produced and shot in your own fair city of Atlanta.

 
At 11/02/2007 8:38 PM , Blogger Rich said...

How was Pylon? :)

 
At 11/02/2007 9:37 PM , Blogger jonder said...

It was great! A little rough around the edges during the first few songs, but they had the audience in the palm of their hand once they hit classics like M Train, Beep, and Crazy. One of the guys who works at my local record store says that Pylon will be playing in Athens later this year. You should catch them.

I enjoyed the Selmanaires too, especially their song "GMFB". I saw a guy taping, and I wondered if it might be you (Rich), but he was an older dude with long hair, and I realized it was probably the guy who does the Southern Shelter blog. We'll see if he posts the show.

Grigorss, you are more than welcome for the plug. And you can call me Jon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home