Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Instead of Confidence, I've Got Needs

The blog days of August are over. The kids are back to school, so us grown folks can settle into a schedule again. August was not a great month among many of the music bloggers whose sites I read: Neal pulled the plug on Blank Crisis; the online magazine Stylus deleted their Stypod feature; and three of my old favorites, Vinyl Mine, Mars Needs Guitars, and Something I Learned Today, took the month off.

Worser still, Reverend Frost was evicted; Big Rock Candy Mountain was hijacked; and Frank at That Truncheon Thing was literally robbed. Welcome, September; farewell to Blaugust. This month has got to be better than the last! Here are two harmonious songs that I am listening to a lot lately:

Icecream Hands: Rain Hail Shine
Number One Cup: Maybe There's a Thread

6 Comments:

At 9/06/2007 6:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Number one cup? The name reminds me of my Bulgarian office mate. In his second day in the US he came into the office with a coffee cup that said "NUMBER ONE COP". Odd I thought; perhaps he has some affinity for the men in blue. Well that crazy Bulgarian had thought it said "NUMBER ONE CUP". But, what the hell is up with the name?

 
At 9/06/2007 10:25 PM , Blogger jonder said...

Would you want your coffee in the Number Two Cup?

 
At 9/06/2007 11:20 PM , Blogger 2fs said...

I wouldn't want it in the Number One Cup either.

 
At 9/07/2007 1:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

There must be a story behind that name, or am I just well behind the curve in wacky indie band names...

Oh, and clearly I can post now, although your blog is very iffy in that direction

 
At 9/07/2007 1:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and another thing. If you do a search on number one cup in ITunes, the only thing that comes up is a podcast on touring St Mark's Basilica in Venice. I can only wonder why....

 
At 11/18/2007 9:51 PM , Blogger Jim H said...

Yeah, I gotta get back to it... thanks for the link.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home