Tuesday, September 04, 2007

I'll Buy

A book entitled The Replacements: All Over But the Shouting will be published in November, according to this article. Author Jim Walsh chose to write the book as an oral history, in the style of Please Kill Me. It was as much a necessity as a stylistic choice, since none of the Replacements can read.

Just kidding! I love me some rock books, and I love me them Replacements, so I will definitely buy the book when it comes out. I just got John Lydon: Stories of Johnny, and I recently read the Kim Cooper's book In the Aeroplane Over the Sea (from the 33 1/3 series). Here's the original version of a song that the Replacements performed on When the Shit Hits the Fans.

Vertebrats: Left Here in the Dark

5 Comments:

At 9/05/2007 11:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This will be good. Walsh is a good writer.

 
At 9/05/2007 8:51 PM , Blogger jonder said...

Ann, did you read the book by Paul's wife?

 
At 9/19/2007 1:43 AM , Blogger Disco:Very said...

Year after year, I look at my Shit Hits the Fans cassette and think, "This will be the year I finally sit down and digitize it!" And then I never get around to it, hoping someone else will do it first and post it on a website, saving me the trouble.

 
At 9/19/2007 5:43 PM , Blogger jonder said...

True story: before Shit Hits was released, Peter Jesperson gave me a copy of the tape at a Replacements show, and asked me if I thought people would buy it. "Yes, sir!" I said brightly, but I lost the damn thing that very night and had to order it from Twin/Tone, thus proving that people would pay for it even if you tried to give it to them for free.

 
At 10/16/2007 12:21 PM , Blogger jonder said...

I just read on James Barber's blog (Reckless Country Soul) that Courtney Love recorded a version of "Left in the Dark" during the sessions for her solo album America's Sweetheart. But she left it unreleased. Wow! I can only imagine it sounding like the Muffs.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home