Friday, July 13, 2007

Strip the Knicker

Birthday Party: Nick the Stripper

Hey, Friday the 13th came on a Friday this month! I saw the Transformers movie last week. It wasn't my idea; call it a family emergency. As the oddobots were battling the deshleppticons in the city, my inner iPod shuffled, and in my mind's ear I heard "Nick the Stripper". Its street-prowling bassline and demented horn stabs would have been so perfect for that noisy, bombastic scene. "Dah dah! DAH dah! Dah dah DAH dah!"

I've got to call Michael Bay before he makes his next blockbuster. I want to be the next soundtrack tastemaker, like Tarantino or Randall Poster, but with an edgy edge.

2 Comments:

At 7/14/2007 5:42 PM , Blogger grigorss said...

It's a measure of the amount of enmity in which I hold Michael Bay -- and his so-called "movies" -- that I have not, and will not see his latest film; this despite the fact that it features Giant Robots beating the tar out of one another. Any other director behind it and I would have been there opening night, but Michael Bay!?! He makes video games (and not very good ones at that), not movies.

Also, I'm sure you would do a better job of selecting the soundtrack -- but then again, so would a tone-deaf monkey.

 
At 7/17/2007 6:14 PM , Blogger jonder said...

Why thank you, kind sir. A thousand tone-deaf monkeys are typing an angry letter to you, now that they've finished with the works of Shakespeare. Perhaps they might have improved Transformers' script, as well as its soundtrack.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home