Wednesday, October 25, 2006

one too ex yoo ack ack ack ack

The venerable punk blog Strange Reaction did a great post featuring cover versions of Wire's classic of minimalist fury, "12XU". I thought I would copy a great idea by featuring versions of the Urinals' Ack Ack Ack Ack, which strikes me as an American analogue to "12XU". (And if you like this kind of thing, check out all the versions of "I Wanna Be Sedated" at the Aussie mp3 blog Something Old, Something New!)

Several great punk blogs have ceased publishing recently: Strange Reaction, Agony Shorthand, Dressed for the H Bomb, and 100 Records. Regular readers of Underneathica (all six of you) may have been wondering about the future of this blog. We had a bad computer virus here, which forced a brief period of abstinence from uploading and downloading. But fear not, the blog is back-ack-ack-ack-ack!

EDIT: When I first posted this yesterday, I forgot to mention that the Urinals (John and Kevin, but not Kjehl) got back together in 2003 for a new album, What Is Real and What Is Not. You can buy it (and the expanded and reissued Keats Rides a Harley compilation) from Warning Label or eMusic.

Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack

2 Comments:

At 10/26/2006 9:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The fact that you fail to include Billy Joel's "Movin' Out" makes me sad indeed, but I am glad you're online again, I was worried.

 
At 10/27/2006 10:19 AM , Blogger jonder said...

While technically not a Urinals cover, "Moving Out" does have a high quotient of ack ack ack ack's. And Billy is a punk. The cover of Glass Houses is proof of that.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home