Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Sometimes You Gotta Be a Ragamuffin

It's hard to believe Jeff Buckley was once a guitarist for Jamaican-American rapper Shinehead. Jeff is not credited on Shinehead's first album, Unity, but a number of Adrian Sherwood's sidemen from On-U Sounds backed Shinehead on that record.

Once in awhile I get the urge to hear something I probably haven't listened to in fifteen years or more. This time that urge led me to retrieve Ragamuffin from the Underneathica analog archives, dust it off, and buff it up with a digital sheen. This post is dedicated to my lifelong nemesis, Piehammer. When I'm locking horns in bloody bloggy battle with my fearsome foe, today's song reminds me to stand firm, with my two foots on the ground.

5 Comments:

At 7/26/2006 8:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I revisited k.d. lang's Ingenue last night, and noticed that jazz vibist Gary Burton is on a few songs. I never think of him as a session cat. This has nothing to do with Buckley or Shinehead, I know.

 
At 7/27/2006 7:57 AM , Blogger jonder said...

Oh, Ingenue! Unrequited love usually inspires bad poetry, excessive drinking, and suicidal gestures. But kd lang made lemonade with that wonderful album. It's been a tough act for her to follow, but I think her last record (Hymns of the 49th Parallel) was excellent.

 
At 7/27/2006 10:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks to you and my musical upbringing, I decimated the competition in the mid 80's to mid 90's new wave-ish, ska, and english-ish music trivia at work.

 
At 7/27/2006 1:23 PM , Blogger jonder said...

All those years of hard work paid off. I'm so proud!

 
At 3/05/2007 7:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! Vacuum cleaners floor cleaners asians gett fucked with long dicks collectibles asian decor

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home