Friday, July 07, 2006

Seely Reunion

Atlanta band Seely will reunite for a show on Saturday, July 8 at the EARL as part of a benefit for Shannon Mulvaney (bassist for Anna Kramer, and an original member of Magnapop). Seely once released records on the Too Pure label. Here's my favorite Seely song, "Exploring the Planets", which always reminded me of Eno's "Third Uncle".

Seely leader Steven Satterfield recently recorded this wonderful story-song, "Great Pretenders", under the band name Silver Lakes. The song bears many of the hallmarks of the Seely sound. It appeared on the International Hits compilation of Atlanta bands, Don't Doubt Rock, Vol. 2.

Seely:Exploring the Planets

Silver Lakes:Great Pretenders

Visit Atlanta's own International Hits label. The label's music is available on iTunes and eMusic. Also, the latest albums by Atlanta bands Luigi and Hot Young Priest were recently added to eMusic.

4 Comments:

At 7/07/2006 12:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

part of a benefit for Shannon Mulvaney

Health problems...?

 
At 7/07/2006 12:53 PM , Blogger jonder said...

Apparently. The only thing I read about the purpose of the benefit said that he needed help with medical bills. Paula, have you heard Anna Kramer? You might like her. Check out her Myspace page.

 
At 7/08/2006 10:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shannon has colon cancer and is undergoing chemotherapy and radiology.

Thank you for posting a Seely song! I couldn't find any of my Seely... it's been a few for sure.

Coming to the show tonight?

 
At 7/08/2006 3:39 PM , Blogger jonder said...

I will not be able to attend the Seely show, but I do wish Shannon the best. I will, however, cheer on the Apocalypstix tomorrow night in Stone Mountain! I plan to bring my 10 year old son; maybe he can get a picture with Viva Hate?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home