Sunday, June 25, 2006

They're Just Jealous of My Ascertaination.

The Rival Schools album is kicking my ass. Aggressive, melodic, smart, innovative -- what more could I ask for? I totally missed out on the whole Gorilla Biscuits - CIV - Quicksand - Rival Schools axis. Coincidentally, the original Gorilla Biscuits lineup will be in Atlanta on July 29 (at Vinyl).

I like to pretend that the Rival Schools song "High Acetate" is called "I Ascertain", and that it's a song about the Kids in the Hall sketch where Bruce is fixated on a (s)certain word.

I hate to see an independent record store close, but that is the plan at Murmur (located in Norcross at the corner of Peachtree Parkway and Spalding Drive). They have marked all their new CD's and music DVD's way down, and they have hundreds of used CD's at $4 and $2. Right now they plan to stay open until the end of July, and their hours are noon to 8pm Tuesday through Saturday. Don't look for Rival Schools United by Fate, cuz I totally bought it already.

- Three posts with no mp3's to download?
- Aw, Mom, I'll post some mp3's tomorrow.
- You'll never grow to be a bigger blogger that way. All the big blogs post mp3's, but not MY son. He thinks people actually READ his blog (sigh of weary resignation).
- Aw, MOM!

2 Comments:

At 6/26/2006 2:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that an actual transcript of a conversation with Mom Manyjars?

 
At 6/29/2006 12:03 PM , Blogger jonder said...

I don't think my mom really knows any "bigger bloggers". I'd hazard a guess that Underneathica is the ONLY mp3 blog she reads. (Sounds like an exclusive endorsement!)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home