Friday, April 28, 2006

Woe Is a Me Bop

I'm not a paid shill for eMusic, but I've been their customer for over a year, and I check their "Freshly Ripped" section obsessively to see what's new there. They've just added the Captain Beefheart rarities set, Grow Fins (all five discs and fifty-five tracks). It would cost you about $14 to download the whole freaky thing. You wouldn't get the package or the liner notes, but it's still a good deal. If you're not a member, you can sign up and get 50 legal, CD-quality mp3's for free. That's almost all of Grow Fins right there. Tell them I'm your friend and I'll get more mp3's too. You know I need more music, my friend. It was my birthday just last week -- what a wonderful way to say how much you love me, baby!

eMusic also added over 75 albums from the Damaged Goods label, which means lots of Billy Childish and related groups, plus the minor punk classic "I Can't Come" by the Snivelling Shits. Scope out the Damaged Goods here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home