Wednesday, April 19, 2006

My Next CD Purchase (and My Last One)

The new Buzzcocks record, Flat-Pack Philosophy, seems to be getting great reviews everywhere. I'm looking forward to hearing it. Here's a classic Steve Diggle song from 1981 that's been keeping harmony in my head lately.

Here's hoping that other record companies will take note of the great job that Too Pure Records did with the new McLusky career retrospective, McLuskyism. It presents a wonderful solution to the problem of offering an overview to latecomers who want to hear the hits (disc one, which can be purchased separately), AND it satisfies the hardcore fan with discs two and three, which compile rare songs, live stuff, and video footage. The whole three disc set lists for $15. For that price, I could give away the first disc (thus spreading the gospel of McLuskyism), and I'd still be satisfied with my purchase.

Buzzcocks: Running Free

3 Comments:

At 4/19/2006 11:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ironic that you say that about giving away the first disc: I bought it by itself, only to find out later that there are the other two. If all three discs cost only fifteen bucks, I might as well buy the other two - I'll just trade the duplicate copy of the first disc.

 
At 4/20/2006 6:45 AM , Blogger jonder said...

Maybe they should have put a warning sticker on the single disc version.

 
At 4/20/2006 6:57 AM , Blogger jonder said...

I had intended my Buzzcocks post to include a link to this new interview with Diggle:

http://www.stompandstammer.com/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home