Thursday, April 20, 2006

Meine Vierzig Geburtstag

Today's my birthday... and Hitler's! Those of us born on 4/20 are now reminded of that sad coincidence annually with news items on each anniversary of the Columbine massacre.

On a MUCH lighter note, here are a birthday song and a party song. I dedicate today's post to my cousin Anita. Like me, she was born on a cusp. And now she lives on the cusp between Red Hook and Cobble Hill. Great to see you again, Nita!

Concrete Blond: Happy Birthday

Toots and the Maytals: Having a Party

10 Comments:

At 4/20/2006 2:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy happy happy birthday, Herr Furer!

I hope you like 40--I've enjoyed it so far!

 
At 4/20/2006 4:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, did you know that if you throw a snake into a fire his legs will pop out?

It's true, I checked into it.

 
At 4/22/2006 1:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My birthday is the same as Hirohito, the WW2 Emperor of Japan. We just need to find someone with Mussolini's Bday to form a band called Faux Axis or perhaps the Axis Karmas

 
At 4/22/2006 6:52 PM , Blogger jonder said...

Yeah, we can form a troika! Mussolini was born on July 29. Anyone?

 
At 4/22/2006 8:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My daughter was just born on April 19th. She shares a birthday with Suge Knight. Does that count?

 
At 4/22/2006 8:46 PM , Blogger jonder said...

Congratulations to you and Mrs. Pete. Suge Knight may be a strong persuader, but he's no dictator.

 
At 4/24/2006 9:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about someone born on Andy Shernoff's birthday?

 
At 4/24/2006 1:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My brother-in-law was born July 29. Can he join?

 
At 4/24/2006 3:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is he fancy with music? Jon, hes got the talent. Myself, well, I can balance the books.

 
At 4/26/2006 9:43 AM , Blogger jonder said...

Jeff, isn't that ADNY Shernoff? If I had been born one day later, I would share a birthday with my hero, Iggy Pop. Happy belated B-day, Jim!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home