Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Bedtime for Chinese Democracy?

Upon learning that Paul, Chris and Tommy have recorded two new songs to appear on a Replacements compilation, several questions leapt to my mind. First and foremost, did Tommy get a permission slip signed by Axl? Was Slim Dunlap busy (and if so, with WHAT?) Were there tense or awkward moments for Chris Mars ("Hey guys, sorry about that 75% Less Fat thing...")? Does this recording session session open the door for a Replacements reunion? And if there's one foot in that door, shouldn't we close it firmly and walk away? For those involved, I guess it beats picking cotton and waiting to be forgotten.

(Let me just say here that I have MUCH LOVE for the music of the Replacements, but I prefer my memories the way they were, and I'd rather see the long-rumored box set of rarities than another compilation of previously released material.)

The Woggles: Tommy Gets His Tonsils Out (from an Athens tribute)
You Am I: White and Lazy (from an Aussie tribute)

4 Comments:

At 4/05/2006 12:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Woggles!

So I haven't listened to much Replacements stuff. What's a good, solid starting point?

 
At 4/05/2006 4:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

If there is a rarities collection, it damn well better have "If Only You Were Lonely" on it...

 
At 4/06/2006 3:25 PM , Blogger jonder said...

"If Only You Were Lonely" was recently posted at the mp3 blog Medication.

Rich, I would suggest you start with Let It Be, and then work your way backwards.

 
At 4/12/2006 1:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home