Thursday, March 23, 2006

No animals were harmed in the making of these jokes

If you don't read Warped Reality, you really should. It's more of an online music magazine than an mp3 blog, and Andrea posts new stuff as well as reprinting great interviews from her print magazine. This week, she posted a fantastic cover of the Fall's "Totally Wired", done in a dub reggae stylee. I can't stop listening to it.

Here's the joke that my brother keeps asking me to tell. He made it up.

Q. How do you turn a duck into a soul singer?
A. Cook it in the microwave until its bill withers.

Here's another one my brother made up:

Q. Who parted the Arctic Ocean?
A. Eskimoses.

And here's my favorite joke of all time:

Q. What happens when you forget to pay your exorcist?
A. You get repossessed.

6 Comments:

At 3/23/2006 5:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is not the joke you made up with your own personal brain.

 
At 3/23/2006 11:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, thanks for the kind words!

That is a great cover, isn't it? It's rare to see the Fall re-interpreted so drastically and so well. Plus it's got a great beat & you can dance to it!

 
At 3/28/2006 5:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get the connection now. Five years in a PC camp!

 
At 4/04/2006 10:59 PM , Blogger jonder said...

"The Joke"! I didn't think about that.

I have corrected this post to reflect the sad fact that I did not make up any of these jokes.

 
At 4/13/2006 8:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh - and I don't think your brother made them up either: google "duck + 'bill withers'" and you'll see many variants on same... I like the jokes anyway.

 
At 4/13/2006 12:34 PM , Blogger jonder said...

Destroy a man's faith in his brother, why don't you? If I could write, I'd send a letter to my congressman, if only he could read.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home