Monday, March 20, 2006

Exclusive Unreleased MP3!

The Oil Tasters are an Icelandic math folk collective led by identical twins who were discovered by their uncle, a traveling evangelist. Their subscription-only self-released CD is the first in a projected series of concept albums about painters. Pitchfork called it "post-rockist" (8.9), and their secret SXSW showcase was sold out. They will tour the states opening for the indie supergroup Clap Your Hands, I've Chosen Darkness.

In my last post on the Oil Tasters, I mistakenly identified them as a "Milwaukee trio" from an era known as "the 1980's" whose CD is available here . Sorry for the confusion. I assure you that this IS an exclusive mp3, unavailable elsewhere. I am using a new file hosting service, and if you left-click on the file name it will download.

The Oil Tasters: I'm Gonna Send You My Ear

3 Comments:

At 3/20/2006 3:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee.

 
At 3/20/2006 6:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's a very slightly different mix of this track, lacking the count-in and slightly slower and cleaner, that appeared on the 2001 compilation History in 3 Chords. (As it happens, I posted that mix last July - but it's not up anymore.) No idea if that comp is still available - but if it is, it's available here: www.splungecomm.com.

 
At 3/22/2006 8:47 PM , Blogger jonder said...

My mistake... I have a copy of History in Three Chords, and I forgot that "Let Me Sleep on Your Couch" was on there. I have replaced it with "I'm Gonna Send You My Ear".

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home