Monday, February 06, 2006

S'Cool Days

I was really happy when I recently found this song again. It used to be a single on the jukebox back in my own school days. I don't know a lot about Stanley Frank, and his website isn't very illuminating (although you can hear a few more of his songs there, and you can read the lyrics to "S'Cool Days"). This was a hit song in Britain in 1977, and probably in Stanley Frank's native Canada as well.

It isn't really a punk song, and it isn't quite glam. I guess it's power pop because it's catchy and upbeat, and sung with an infectious passion. I always thought Dana from the Mystical Beast would enjoy this song, but he's out of the blog scene now. Maybe the folks at Little Hits know more about Stanley Frank.

Stanley Frank: S'Cool Days

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home