Thursday, February 02, 2006

I've got a Bimbo Toolshed behind my Zombie Birdhouse

A quick one today. Bimbo Toolshed was an all-female punk band from California who released one album in the 1990's before splitting up. This song was the highlight for me. "Scott's Life" has a great guitar sound and is fun to sing along to ("Bus to Phoenix! Bus to Phoenix!"). I really wasn't sure if Swoopo (the singer) was male or female until I looked up the band. I got this from Falling James, whose band the Leaving Trains is still alive and well, with a recent live album and a reissue of the classic Keats Rides a Harley and Warfrat Tales compilations.

Bimbo Toolshed: Scott's Life

1 Comments:

At 2/14/2006 3:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home