Friday, July 14, 2006

Give 'em Headbutts!

I'm surprised no one posted this song following the fracas over Zidane's offense during the World Cup. Headbutts by John Otway and Wild Willy Barrett was one of those novelty songs that I remember hearing a lot on college radio (WMSE, circa 1981).

John Otway still performs live: here's a recent review with a photo. (Cor, is that really him?) Wikipedia says that Otway plans a world tour this fall!

Check out my guest post today on the blog Feed Me Good Tunes. I wrote about the Stooges' album Funhouse and posted cover versions of all the songs (except "LA Blues", which the Stooges reportedly claimed was a Nico cover.) Feed Me Good Tunes invited bloggers to write about their favorite artists, so there should be some great stuff ahead (artists covered so far include Sonic Youth, the Meat Puppets, Hybrid, and Medeski Martin & Wood).

7 Comments:

At 7/14/2006 8:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

John is a riot to see live. Take a crash helmet just in case. x:D

 
At 7/17/2006 12:40 PM , Blogger jonder said...

I'm curious to know why one would need a helmet. He doesn't smash watermelons on stage, does he?

 
At 7/17/2006 6:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can only imagine how happy you were to have an opportunity to post that song.

 
At 7/18/2006 2:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never heard this one before-- what a blast! Thanks for posting.

 
At 7/27/2006 7:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for putting a smile on my face this a.m.

I don't know much about Otway (though I think I have an LP of his somewhere in my collection) but I do remember the great performance of "Cheryl's Going Home" from the film Urgh! A Music War. Man, I wish that was on DVD; I haven't seen it since the 80s.

 
At 7/27/2006 4:18 PM , Blogger jonder said...

I don't know much about Otway either, but I remember that performance from Urgh, and his song on the Stiff singles compilation. The word about Urgh is that it won't come out on DVD because Gary Numan wants too much $$$. They should digitally replace him with Gary Oldman. I stole that joke (hi, Paula!)

 
At 3/06/2007 3:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... » » »

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home